SUBMISSIONS FOR THE 2019 WCONA BOOK OF THE YEAR AWARD ARE CLOSED. JOIN US AT THE WCONA BANQUET ON SEPTEMBER 7 TO CONGRATULATE THE WINNER!
The WCoNA Book of the Year Contest Guidelines
Recognizes books that involve the people, places, culture, folk traditions, history, landscapes and geography of northern Appalachia (see map of northern Appalachian region below). Entries must have a publication date between January 1, 2017 and June 1, 2019 (date of first publication).
Self-published books allowed.
Submit a book of fiction or nonfiction any length and $27.20 submission fee
The winner will receive a prize of $200 and recognition at the conference banquet, Saturday, September 7, 2019 in Wheeling West Virginia.
- Submit an edited and final proof in .pdf or eBook (.epub) format using the Submittable link provided HERE
- Books must have a publication date between January 1, 2017 and June 1, 2019
- Publisher or author may submit
- Publisher may submit more than one book for prize consideration
- Books must be original work, not translations
- Self-published books permitted
- $27.20 entry fee
- Deadline: July 1, 2019
- Please, no identifying information on your manuscript